Slider Section

Submenu Section

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Fashion Focus Week

This week it's Fashion Focus Week in Chicago! There will be fashion shows and events all week long displaying many designers from Chicago. Some consider it to be Chicago's fashion week. Last night, I attended the Chicago Fashion Incubator Show (CFI). The show displayed six collections from different designers; Crystal B Designs, Cettina, Modahnik, Eric Kipp, Gidi, and Shavonne Dorsey Apparel. They had a geat mix of garments, ranging from mens wear to plus size and beyond. One of my favorites was the Modahnik collection, she used alot of vibrant African prints in her designs. Their music choice was also great; they had a live DJ and live performances. Its always great to mix music and fashion together!


(Six Designers)
 
Here are some more pics from the night! I was in the 3rd row so the pictures from the show aren't the best. I went with one of my friends from school and you might see my little sister from earlier in the day!


And here is my look for the night! Well since Chicago wind is crazy, I had to dress very warm. I wore a long gray coat and gray combat boots. Underneath my outerwear, I wore an electric blue dress and thick leggings. My goal was to dress comfortable and warm yet stylish. After all, I had to travel via train in 50 degree weather lol. However it was worth it!  

No comments :

Post a Comment